A) TV commercials / cinema trailers
“Commercials” fall under the supreme discipline of film making although mocked and barely appreciated by some film makers. An ad is no more than a blink of an eye compared to a feature length film but nevertheless has to perform the same within the prescribed few seconds: tell a complete and coherent story, arouse emotion and empathy, create a feeling of identity and convey messages in a world of information overkill. Of course, it must have a certain level of technical quality, but originality, imagination, creativity and the courage to fail are also important.
• Amateur film makers (children, young people, adults)
• Trainee filmmakers and media designers, students, apprentices, etc.
• Career professionals
• Video spot (TV – 30 seconds / cinema – 90 seconds)
• Handy-Spot Mobile phone spot (internet - 60 to 90 seconds)
• One spot of up to approx. 30 seconds in TV format or 90 seconds in cinema format
• One mobile phone spot between 60 to 90 seconds
• TV spots with a file size of approx. 50 MB and for publication purposes an
additional ZIP file of 1 GB maximum in the highest possible resolution
• In the event of winning a prize/a special recognition, participants are to provide
the high-resolution version possible on DVD if requested
• The works must not contain any canned music
4.1. Range of topics
Violence – Consequences – Solutions
4.2. Range of topics
Looking to the future to the diversity of a life full of joie
de vivre, sincerity, harmony, love, friendship, the laughter of children and much more
Example: "What made you happy last week?
5. Conditions of participation
• Submissions must be uploaded to the competition’s digital film database by participants
with the corresponding meta data
• Amateur filmmakers and “trainee filmmakers and media designers, students, apprentices,
etc.” give a brief description of the topic of their work and the intention behind the
selected topic and its realisation
• Bilingual texts and/or dialogues (written, spoken, sung, displayed, etc.) in German
and English; one of both languages sufficient as a PDF,
(the translators will be integrated in a possible prize ceremony/award),
• Participants (also one representative of a group) must send a completed and
signed entry form as an attachment to the e-mail address provided,
participation is not possible without registration
• The organisers’ decision is final. There is no recourse to legal action.
Closing date for entries: 31 July 2016
We recommend uploading works to the database at least four days before the closing date and mailing the written entry form (PDF) in good time.